Friday, August 5, 2011

Life Is Like...An Etch A Sketch (or in our case, a DoodlePro)

A year ago or so we purchased a Fisher-Price DoodlePro thinking that we’d use it as a gift for one of our nieces or nephews (ok, great-nieces or nephews).  Needless to say, it hasn’t left our house, but at least we are using it.

It’s a new and improved child’s version of an etch a sketch.  Come on, we all know the old etch a sketch!  And don’t say you don’t ‘cuz ya do. 

This has a much smaller screen, an attached ‘pen’ and a magnet so we can put it on da fridge, anything to keep the youngin’s busy.  Or adults in our case.

Since Joe is on his way to work before I wake up I leave him a hand written note by his morning pills.  My notes are generally gushy, pouring out my heart, his, not so much.  Ok, they are but I always have to chuckle that he includes the fact that our dog pee’d and/or poo’d.  As a mother it’s important to know that kinda stuff about your children.  He also writes that the cat has been fed and by the by, never once has the cat not been fed, usually at least once, she’s kinda a cow when it comes to eating!

Back to the Doodle-Pro already
It always takes me several times to write my message.  Joe always does it on the first try, that kinda pisses me off because he even drew a school bus once, inside joke, on the first try.  As I said, I can’t even do a short message ie:  ‘love you’ without doing it at least two or three times!

Sometimes it takes him days, or even a week or so, to notice that I’ve written a new note, even though it is placed by the freezer door handle.  Thankfully I don’t write anything urgent!

I think that it is very important to write little lovey dovey  notes to your spouse or significant other.  It’s not to remind them that you love ‘em, they already know that, but to  let them know that your thinking about them.

Shake shake shake
One of the coolest things about an etch a sketch is shaking off whatever you had on the screen, it’s like magic when your young.

But wouldn’t it be nice to be able to shake your slate clean?  To be able to change things you’ve done in the past that you would do differently now.  Oh, if it only worked that way!  That would be sweet.  As we all know that technology isn’t here yet, damn. 

But we can do that.  Confession does that don’t it?  Although I can’t remember how long ago my last confession was, seems to me that I remember that from my 6 years in Catholic school.

Don’t wanna go to confession?  You can still get your slate clean.  Come on, you know where I’m going with this.  In fact, you could probably finish the rest of this blogage yourself.

To me you don’t need a church, priest and that all too tiny room.  Plus you save money on gas from not going to the church.

All’z you have to do is ask, not just anyone, but God.  And bonus, he doesn’t order you to say 10 Hail Mary’s and 2 Our Father’s!

If you honestly and truly are sorry for something you did and know that it was wrong, pray.  Hail Mary’s and Our Father’s optional.

But God does wipes our slate clean, He doesn’t shake us though, or does He?  Maybe sometimes He should!

No comments:

Post a Comment