Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life Is Like...A Christmas Miracle

The original title for this blogage was LIL…Having A Kitty On Your Lap.  It was inspired by both Garfield’s Christmas Celebration and Pinky.  Pink likes to sit on my lap when I write, I always joke that she’s looking for that mouse, but never seems to find it.  She does give up rather easily and decides to nap.  Whoda thought a cat would nap hey?

Back to the miracles

Since Joe’s layoff (last year) and my layoff, we have had an abundance of, what we like to call, Christmas miracles.  Yes I know its June but they are still happening!

We’ve always been blessed with a generous family; they have been especially generous since the layoffs.  Whether it comes in the form of money or dropping off food for us.

It was last Christmas when we first termed the phrase Christmas miracles, and rightfully so.  The first one was when we received our Christmas present which was a cookie tin from one of our siblings and their spouse.

What made it a miracle?  Stay tuned, I’m getting there.  We brought the tin home and opened it and inside were 100 - $1.00 bills!!!  Between our tears I joked that I had my heart set on cookies.

Christmas miracles are still happening six months later.  When we get the mail and there aren’t any ‘nasty grams’ or bills.  Several times we were blessed when a sibling and their spouse sent two separate cards each with a check for $50.  One of the cards said ‘I hope this makes you smile’, smile yes, tears oh yea. Several times I’ve called the Doctor’s office to see if they have samples of my expensive medications.  They said they didn’t but when I called back, just before filling the prescription, the drug rep had come so they did have the samples.  Let me tell ya, some of my crazy pills are very expensive!

Garfield’s Grandma’s Christmas miracle

During the cartoon Garfy climbs on Grandma’s lap and she says “How did you know I needed a kitty in my lap?” as Christmas Eve is the night Grandma misses Grandpa the most.

Yesterday I watched his special so I could get exact quotes and saw a part that I had totally forgotten.  Grandma’s Christmas miracle.

Garfield was in the barn, spying on Odie, and finds long lost love letters from when Grandma and Grandpa were courting some 50 years earlier.  She tells Garfy that it is the “nicest presents I could have received”.  Whoda thought that a Christmas miracle would come from a cartoon cat?  Yes, I do know that Garfield is a cartoon and it didn’t actually happen but you get the picture.


The good Lord is there when we need him although He may not be as obvious as a kitty on your lap, but He’s still there for us when we need Him.  Especially when we are in most need of Him.

What Christmas miracles has God blessed you with?

No comments:

Post a Comment