Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LIFE IS LIKE...THE OUR FATHER

Just in case it’s been a while since you said it…

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name: Thy kingdom come: Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our DAILY bread: and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.  And lead us not into temptation: but deliver us from evil.  Amen.

There, now we are up to speed.

I’m sure you noticed that I capitalized DAILY in the prayer.  This isn’t a typo, it’s the ‘issue’ I have with the Our Father.

Don’t ya just wish the word daily was replaced with monthly or yearly?  That way we wouldn’t have to say it day in and day out.  And if it has to be daily, why not update it?  How does give us this day our daily dough (and I don’t mean the bread making stuff either) sound to you?

I guess it’s the whole trust in God day by day and He’ll provide for us.  When I pray the Our Father I really emphasize daily, this usually happens just before getting the mail.  Praying there aren’t any bills “stuffed” in the mailbox and hoping for an unexpected check, which almost never happens.  I gotta try though! 

He does provide for us day by day by day.  Sometimes, ok, most of the time, not as much as we’d like Him to but so goes life.

No comments:

Post a Comment