Wednesday, July 6, 2011

LIFE IS LIKE...PSALMS 40:2

Follow up to my earlier post of my watercolor of said verse.  Please see painting below.


My second stay as an inpatient Marquette General Hospital’s Stress and Depression Unit was from Friday October 10th to Sunday October 12th, 2008.

On Sunday they allow patients to go to the chapel to pray.  Most of the patients actually wanted to go but because they don’t allow crazy (hey, I can say that because I am one of them!) folks to leave the floor, I’m sure that there were a few that just wanted to get the hell out of there!  I actually wanted and needed to go, after all if that isn’t the time you need to pray I don’t know what is!

Please don’t get me wrong, both times I was there they helped me immensely!  Each time it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done but when I left I was a million times better than when I was admitted, just ask Joe. 

There is NO shame to getting help how ever you need it!  Just don’t expect 5 star accommodations.

In the chapel we are allowed to read out loud a quote from the bible.  God guided me to Psalms, and after looking at Psalms 69 (I just had to do it) first, I was then guided to Psalms 40.

If you are a little rusty let me refresh you:

40:2 is as follows:

            He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
                        out of the mud and mire;
            he set my feet on a rock
                        and gave me a firm place to stand.

Wow, that was exactly what I needed to read!  Not only did it give me hope but everyone in the chapel also, at least so it seemed.

November 1983 my Father received a gift of a pocket size New International Version Bible of the New Testament and Psalms.  I’m glad I wear bifocals otherwise I wouldn’t be able to read it!  Both times I took the bible with me, never cracked it open but felt that my Father was still with me (he had passed away January of 1997).

Finally almost three years later I became inspired to paint my abstract version of Psalm 40:2.

He will lift you out of the mud and mire and even set your feet on a rock.  Ask and believe.  It may not happen overnight, but continue to pray and believe, and He will.  And ya know what?  He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment